In this section we have provided you with some hints and tips as well as letting you know how to supply us with the files we need to your work. Don’t worry if you don’t understand all the printing terminology, we’ll try to explain it as we go through this guide.
We’ll always check over any artwork you send to us before we print it and won’t print any old rubbish. If we’re at all concerned with it, we’ll get in touch and let you know but it is your responsibility to try and make sure your artwork is set up correctly. Here at Talking Horse Design & Print we know that setting artwork up for print can be tricky and in a perfect World here is how we’d ideally like your artwork:
- Set up at 100%
- Supplied as a print ready pdf (produced using the press quality option).
- All fonts embedded or converted to outlines (we advise this to avoid any disappointment with a font not coming out as intended).
- Set up in CMYK colour and not RGB.
- 3mm bleed on each edge.
- At least a 4mm safe zone (no text near the edges). For jobs A5 up we would recommend no less than 10mm.
- Crop marks so we know where you want us to cut your job
- Good quality images (images off the internet will generally not be of a high enough quality to reproduce well).
With that said, we realise that the World isn’t perfect and that you might not have the relevant software to do the above. If this is the case then don’t worry, we can still print your job! Get in touch with us via the Contact page and we’ll happily help and advise on the best way forward.